LAST UPDATED: September 1, 2020
Particularly Important Information
Who we are: TIPO Entertainment. Inc., d/b/a MikMak, of 116 W Houston, Floor 2, NY, NY 10012.
Must Read Sections: We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “International Data Transfer” and “Your Rights.”
Changes to this Policy: We will post any modifications or changes to the Policy on our Site/Services. We reserve the right to modify the Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it frequently. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Policy was last changed. If we make any material change(s) to the Policy, we will post a notice on our Site prior to such changes(s) taking effect.
What is personal data?
As used in this Policy, “personal data” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Whose personal data do we collect?
As described below, we collect personal data from our Customers who purchase a license to use our Services. We also collect personal data from individuals (“End Users”) who click on content provided by our Customers and use our Services to make that content shoppable.
From our Customers we collect:
- the personal data you provide when you register to use our Site and/or Services, including yourname, email address, telephone number, job title, company name, and other personal information;
- the personal data that may be contained in any video, comment or other submission you upload or post to the Site/Services;
- the personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Site/Services or when we provide you with customer support;
- the personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise; and
- log information generated when you log on to your account on our Site to manage your deployment of our Services, including the information listed below.
From End Users we collect log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site/Services. For example, when visiting our Site/Services, we log:
- your browser or operating system, your manner of connecting to the Internet and the name of your Internet service provider or wireless carrier;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address or Advertising Identifier;
- information about websites you used before or after using the Sites or Services;
- data relating to malfunctions or problems occurring when you use our Site/Services, other information specifically related to your use of Services, location information, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times;
- and information you provide through our Services in response to specific questions and prompts, such as product ratings or sentiments, or tapping “add to cart” for a specific product or products.
We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the sections on cookies, Flash Technology and Pixel Tags below.
What are cookies?
We collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site/Services.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site/Services; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site/Services, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site/Services use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
These cookies allow our Site/Services to remember choices you make when you use our Site/Services, such as products you added to your shopping cart within a MikMak Attach video player. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and facilitate transitions from our Site/Services to third-party websites.
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site/Services and how users use our Site/Services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Site/Services, the websites that referred them to our Site/Services, the pages they visited on our Site/Services, what time of day they visited our Site/Services, whether they have visited our Site/Services before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site/Services more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site/Services.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site/Services works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site/Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
|Targeting and Advertising Cookies||
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show advertisements which we/they think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Site/Services to track the actions of users on our Site/Services. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Site/Services, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is also linked to our users’ personal data, and may be used to enable third party advertisers to show advertisements which we/they think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
5. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6. USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site/Services;
- to better understand your use of the Site and Services;
- to make navigation and use of on our Site easier;
- for Customers, to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Site/Services;
- for Customers, to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to help offer you other products, features, or services that may be of interest;
- for Customers, to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- for Customers, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to respond to a job application or inquiry and consider you for employment purposes;
- to link or combine user information with other personal data;
- to facilitate a shopping experience on a third-party website (e.g., by adding a product to your shopping cart via an integration with one of our customers or partners);
- to facilitate our Customers’ efforts to market to you;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
7. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Customers and Retailers. When you, as an End User, provide us with personal data by interacting with content provided by Customers using our Services, we may share your personal data with that Customer and the retailers our Customers work with to fill your orders. Our Customers such retailers have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features, or policies.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal data when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
8. ANONYMOUS DATA
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third party.
We may create anonymous data from the personal data we receive about you and other individuals whose personal data we collect. Anonymous data might include analytics information. We make personal data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as unique identifiers from cookies and other tracking technologies) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyses usage patterns in order to make improvements to our Site/Services.
9. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Site/Services may contain links to third party websites and features, such as online shopping sites. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
10. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and our affiliates and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using our Site/Services, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in Section 17 below.
We will only retain your personal data as long reasonably required for you to use the Site and/or to provide you with the Services, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
13. OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Site/Services is/are not directed to children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in Section 17 below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
14. YOUR RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal data. If you qualify as a consumer under the CCPA, you have the right to request that businesses subject to the CCPA (which may include our Customers with whom you have a relationship) disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your personal data. In addition, you have the right to ask such businesses to delete personal data collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. If the business sells personal data, you have a right to opt-out of that sale. Finally, a business cannot discriminate against you for exercising a CCPA right.
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) provides individuals in the European Economic Area with rights regarding the collection and use of their personal data. If you are an End User covered by the GDPR, this includes, but is not limited to, the right to access or amend your personal information, in certain circumstances the right to have your personal data erased, receive a portable copy of your personal information, and to object to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the data protection authorities in your home country.
When offering its Services to its Customers, MikMak acts as a “service provider” under the CCPA and a “processor” under the GDPR, and our receipt and collection of any End User personal data is completed on behalf of our Customers in order for us to provide our Service. Please direct any requests for access or deletion of your personal data under the CCPA or GDPR to the Customer(s) with whom you have a direct relationship.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority.
16. CONTACT INFORMATION
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at:
353 W 48th Street
4th Fl MB #454
New York, NY, US, 10036